- Senior Design Technologist: Validas
August 2010 to present
- Responsible for identifying new technologies and trends and implementing those that will drive the growth and success of the company.
- Developed several apps for the iPhone, Android, Silverlight and ASP.NET platforms.
- Mac Developer: Logos (Contractor, Direct Technology)
February 2010 to July 2010
- I was part of a team developed to port the existing Windows application to the Macintosh platform.
- This job required knowledge and experience with both Windows technology (C#, WPF, XAML) and Mac technology (Objective C, Cocoa).
- Interactive Designer & Prototyper: Microsoft Corporation, Surface (Contractor, Sakson & Taylor/Aquent)
November 28 2007 to January 13 2010
- Developed interactive prototypes in Flash (AS3) and WPF that were used to explore and test new interaction models.
- Created XAML assets in Expression Blend and incorporated them into projects, which required in-depth knowledge of C#.
- Actively participated in interaction design critiques, discussions and brainstorms.
- Lead Web Developer: Bullseye Creative
August 25 2005 to August 31 2007
- Created multiple custom CMS solutions for customers written in PHP and MySQL. These CMS included features such as file upload, image resizing, image cropping, AJAX and dynamically-generated PDF and Excel documents.
- Involved in the planning and development of all dynamic Flash websites. Built reusable Flash remoting components.
- Web Developer: University of Washington
March 31 2003 to June 30 2005
- Full responsibility for the redesign of the SAUF, HUB Reservations, SCC Reservations, SAO and RSO websites. SAUF runs the student union buildings, handles events and student organizations.
- Developed web applications featuring events calendar, event reservation, login/access restriction and club registration
- IS Intern: The Boeing Company
Aug 1 2001 to Sept 25 2003
- Created website for the CDG/Batch Application Support group
- Applications Analyst: The Boeing Company (Contractor, Adecco Technical)
Aug 2 2000 to Aug 1 2001
- Provided customer support for critical engineering and finance applications.
- Used trouble-shooting and problem solving skills--crucial for tight airplane production deadlines
- Investigated error logs and resolved problems on UNIX servers
- University of Washington
Sept 25 2000 to June 11 2005
- 3.31 GPA
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in ACMS (Applied Computational and Mathematical Sciences)
- Entered UW with 19 Advanced Placement credits
- Windows, Mac OS X, Unix/BSD/Linux
- Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- Visual Studio, XCode, Expression Blend
- Mobile phone development (iPhone, Android and mobile browser)
- Proficient in Objective C, C++, C#, XAML, ASP.NET, Java, Python, SQL, VBScript and XSLT. Some Ruby and Perl
- Web site design, authoring, and management (Apache, nginx and IIS)
- SQL database creation and management (MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL)
- Modern web development using AJAX, Prototype, Scriptaculous, YUI, MooTools, XHTML and full CSS layouts (i.e., Web 2.0)
- Subversion set up, maintenance and usage
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, S3 and Route 53